SANDSTONE – Tides Of Opinion
Remixed Digital Re-Release
Since forming in 2003, SANDSTONE have been a favourite on the Northern Ireland pub and festival circuit, building a solid fan base. Known for their high energy and tight performances, the band have already toured the mainland on the back of this reputation. From Power Ballads to Prog Rock Epics, the band comprise of accomplished musicians with a maturity that flows with ease.
Following the success of their debut EP “Life Giving Sun” the band hit the road, winning the top prize at the Hammersmith battle of the bands along the way, and writing constantly, putting the final touches to the material that would make up their first full album ‘Tides of Opinion’, a slice of classic style hard-rock executed with confidence and power.
Enjoy this fully remixed and remastered piece of history, which is now available as digital download and includes three previously unreleased tracks.
- 01. America / 5:34
- 02. Atrophy / 3:57
- 03. Building Castles / 3:42
- 04. Just Forget / 5:32
- 05. Unbroken / 4:39
- 06. Nothing New / 3:55
- 07. Nemesii / 5:29
- 08. Sometime Soon / 5:32
- 09. The Fall / 3:32
- 10. Couldabeen / 6:30
- 11. Children Of The Jihad / 6:40
- 12. So Pretty / 5:00
- 13. Renegade (Bonus Track) / 4:03
- 14. On Fire (Bonus Track) / 4:37
- 15. Traffic (Bonus Track) / 6:27
- Re-Release of the thought after debut album.
- Remixed and remastered.
- Including three previously unreleased tracks.
Total playing time 1:14:59
Video Album Trailer
STEVIE MCLAUGHLIN – Toy Empires
The Irish guitarist Stevie McLaughlin, better known for his riff attacks with the Irish metal band Sandstone and as touring guitarrist for the former Judas Priest/ex-Iced Earth singer Tim Ripper Owens, has recorded his first solo effort. ‘Toy Empires’ is the title of the ten track opus, which can be described as being between hard rock and classical heavy metal. Progressive influences are just as recognizable as are influences to his style by guitarists such as Gary Moore, Rory Gallagher, Steve Vai, John Petrucci and Pat McManus. ‘Toy Empires’ is pleasing the listener with its ten cleanly arranged, melodic hardrock/metal songs, and further recommending itself with its strong, great melodies and classical guitar parts.
- 01. Between Life & Death / 5:36
- 02. Shadows Alone / 3:52
- 03. Apocrypha / 7:52
- 04. Straw Men / 5:06
- 05. Prophetic Skies / 7:04
- 06. Immortal Rose / 4:56
- 07. Chimera / 6:09
- 08. Depletion / 5:37
- 09. Toy Empires / 6:28
- 10. Memories Of Eden / 10:41
Total playing time 1:03:16
Video Album Trailer
- First solo album of the Irish guitarist with influences from Steve Vai to Gary Moore.
- Steve McLaughlin is known as the excellent guitarist of the Irish metal band SANDSTONE, as well as of the touring band of Tim Ripper Owens.
- Wonderfully arranged heavy metal with a high proportion of melody.
- For fans of SANDSTONE to FATES WARNING.
BURNING BLACK to support ROSS THE BOSS!!!
BURNING BLACK will be playing some gigs with the legendary ROSS THE BOSS in Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland and Italy. The tourdates are:
18.04.2018 – DE Mannheim, MS Connexion Complex
19.04.2018 – NL Breda, Mezz
20.04.2018 – DE Leibertingen-Kreenhinstetten, Burgerhaus
21.04.2018 – CH Zug, Chollerhalle
22.04.2018 – IT Brescia, Circolo Colony
CD – Download – Streaming:
BURNING BLACK on iTunes
BURNING BLACK on ebay
BURNING BLACK on Forever Rock