STEVIE MCLAUGHLIN – Toy Empires
The Irish guitarist Stevie McLaughlin, better known for his riff attacks with the Irish metal band Sandstone and as touring guitarrist for the former Judas Priest/ex-Iced Earth singer Tim Ripper Owens, has recorded his first solo effort. ‘Toy Empires’ is the title of the ten track opus, which can be described as being between hard rock and classical heavy metal. Progressive influences are just as recognizable as are influences to his style by guitarists such as Gary Moore, Rory Gallagher, Steve Vai, John Petrucci and Pat McManus. ‘Toy Empires’ is pleasing the listener with its ten cleanly arranged, melodic hardrock/metal songs, and further recommending itself with its strong, great melodies and classical guitar parts.
- 01. Between Life & Death / 5:36
- 02. Shadows Alone / 3:52
- 03. Apocrypha / 7:52
- 04. Straw Men / 5:06
- 05. Prophetic Skies / 7:04
- 06. Immortal Rose / 4:56
- 07. Chimera / 6:09
- 08. Depletion / 5:37
- 09. Toy Empires / 6:28
- 10. Memories Of Eden / 10:41
Total playing time 1:03:16
Video Album Trailer
- First solo album of the Irish guitarist with influences from Steve Vai to Gary Moore.
- Steve McLaughlin is known as the excellent guitarist of the Irish metal band SANDSTONE, as well as of the touring band of Tim Ripper Owens.
- Wonderfully arranged heavy metal with a high proportion of melody.
- For fans of SANDSTONE to FATES WARNING.