CRISTIANO FILIPPINI’S FLAMES OF HEAVEN – The Force Within
In dark times, epic music is needed to get people in a positive mood again. On the surface, “The Force Within” belongs to the genre of Epic Symphonic Power Metal, yet there is more behind Cristiano Filippini’s FLAMES OF HEAVEN than just trying to deliver a strong all-star album. This project brings together the most talented group of Italian metal musicians to deliver a creative powerhouse album. The ideas of composer, producer, and guitarist Cristiano Filippini have developed into a real spectacle, which will win over fans of the genre in no time.
Even though the genre is often called kitschy, “The Force Within” is anything but that. The production is superb, the compositions elaborated to the smallest detail. The melodies are catchy and the vocals with the expressive voice are brilliant. The guitar work is simply awesome. The album shows a band with great technical prowess and a versatility of switching between voluminous and razor sharp, delivering songs which take you on a great musical journey. It is interesting, by the way, that the orchestral parts are used very efficiently and at the same time discreetly, rounding off the pieces to perfection.
Find the streaming/download version on all your favourite platforms, including Spotify, Apple Music, amazon and more (click HERE for more info), or order the album HERE.
Total playing time: 1:14:17
- Brilliant Epic Symphonic Power Metal with Eighties AOR influences
- Italian all-star band with Cristiano Filippini, Marco Pastorino (Temperance), Paolo Caridi (Geoff Tate’s Sweet Oblivion, David Ellefson, Hollow Haze, etc.), Giorgio Terenziani (Arthemis), Michele Vioni (Vivaldi Metal Project, YouTube video with over 16mio views)
- In the great tradition of Stratovarius, Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia
- Mixed by Stratovarius guitarist Matias Kupiainen
- Mastering in the Finnvox Studios of Mika Jussila