ASTRALION “Outlaw” CD – new release date
Der Veröffentlichungstermin der ASTRALION – Outlaw CD wurde auf den 13. Mai 2016 verschoben.
The release date of the ASTRALION – Outlaw CD is postponed to May 13th, 20016.
Album trailer for ASTRALION’s new album “Outlaw”.
ASTRALION – Outlaw
In the last ten years Finland has risen to become one of the world’s most potent suppliers of Heavy Metal. The number of bands without whom the scene would simply be unimaginable is enormous, and anyone who thinks that the country comprises solely of reindeer, snow and the taiga is definitely missing something. Despite Finland’s huge size, the music scene is closely linked and musicians from a number of different styles continue to get together to form new, interesting bands. ASTRALION is no exception. The band, christened in a pub in southern Finland five years ago, have now advanced so much that they are now releasing their second album, “Outlaw”. ASTRALION plays hard-hitting, melodic Power Metal, marked by needle-sharp guitar parts, huge keyboard melodies, lovely clear vocals and choruses which you can just imagine being sung by masses of fans. The band’s motto says it all: Forget the dragon, forget the sword – here’s true power from the chord!
Bands such as Sonata Arctica, Thunderstone, Hammerfall, Stratovarius, early Blind Guardian and Yngwie Malmsteen are the most noticeable influences of ASTRALION’s sound. That means broad choruses, voluminous melodies, racing guitar attacks as well as subtle neo-progged 6-string interludes. Whilst the album’s opener “Deathphone” is a steeply driven, whiplike hymne, “Black Adder” and “The Outlaw” are pure, melodic Speed Metal hammers to set the adrenalin flowing. “The Great Place Of The Sea” is a 10 minute long opus which reminds the listener somewhat of Alestorm, whilst “Sacrificed & Immortalized” stamps forwards with thrilling Malmsteenic solo parts. With “Wastelands Of Ice” the band recorded a semi-ballad in the style of the album’s predecessor’s track, “At The Edge Of The World” and as a song with a great melody will certainly be recognised as such.
“Outlaw” has all the ingredients to make the discerning heavy metal fan smile with satisfaction.
- 01. Deathphone (Final Destination)/ 6:09
- 02. Black Adder / 4:37
- 03. Sacrificed & Immortalized / 7:20
- 04. Be Careful What You Wish For / 5:49
- 05. Nightmares Never Give Up / 4:56
- 06. Wastelands Of Ice / 4:30
- 07. The Outlaw / 4:43
- 08. Ghosts Of Sahara / 5:00
- 09. Heading West / 5:36
- 10. The Great Palace Of The Sea / 10:01
Total playing time 58:41
Video Album Trailer
- Finnish band oriented in the style of groups such as Sonata Arctica, Thunderstone, Hammerfall, Stratovarius and early Blind Guardian.
- Each musician can look back on many years of experience in bands such as Olympos Mons, The Addication and HumanGod.
- Convincing, excellently produced melodic Power Metal with massive hymnal effects.
- Established band in Finland with huge live experience.
BURNING BLACK – New video out now
‘Love Me’ is the title of the latest video by BURNING BLACK. The song is taken of their album “Remission Of Sin”, which is available as CD from e.g. amazon, Forever Rock Mailorder, etc., or as MP3 on platforms like iTunes, amazon, etc.
SPOILER ALERT – iTunes advent calender
We know, what is hidden behind the 16th door of the iTunes advent calender! For those of you still looking for Christmas presents, here is your chance. On December 16th, iTunes will feature “A New Dawn Ending” by ANCIENT BARDS as daily special. You can download the complete album for EUR 3.99 this one day only at: http://snip.ftpromo.net/ancientbardsitunes
“COMBAT METAL” by FIREFORCE, new video available
The video ‘Combat Metal’ gives you a “sneak peak” of the action one can experience in the live shows of FIREFORCE. The song is taken from the album “Deathbringer”, available on amazon, Forever Rock Mailorder, etc., or as MP3 on platforms like iTunes, amazon, etc.
VEXILLUM Tourdates 2015
Folk Power Metallics VEXILLUM announce new tourdates for 2015.
On tour with ELUVEITIE:
20.11.2015 – Dornbirn, Austria – Conrad Sohm
23.11.2015 – Kiel, Germany – Orange Club
24.11.2015 – Aarhus, Danmark – Voxhall
25.11.2015 – Copenhagen, Danmark – Pumpehuset
27.11.2015 – Haugesund, Norway – Skala
28.11.2015 – Bergen, Norway – Garage
29.11.2015 – Oslo, Norway – John Dee
21.11.2015 – Frankfurt, Germany – Nachtleben
22.11.2015 – Hannover, Germany – Lux
Supporting FREEDOM CALL:
04.12.2015 – Rheine, Germany – Hypothalamus
05.12.2015 – Markneukirchen, Germany – Warwick/Framus Halle
06.12.2015 – Berlin, Germany – K17
LATEST ALBUM AVAILABLE HERE:
Forever Rock Mailorder
ROXXCALIBUR – Gems Of The NWOBHM
The “gold diggers” are back. Their third album, “Gems Of The NWOBHM“ is definitely no obscurity for people in the know. Even though the majority of worldwide metal fans may not be familiar with all of the selected songs in their original form, it remains an incredibly good metal CD, which, although it has the spirit of the early Eighties within it, is still made for the here and now. Liner notes by author and NWOBHM expert John Tucker (“Neat & Tidy – The Story of Neat Records”, “Suzie Smiled” etc.). Cover artwork by Rodney Matthews (Diamond Head, Praying Mantis, Tygers Of Pan Tang, Bitches Sin, Magnum, Nazareth etc.). Mastered by Eroc, known not only for his role as drummer of the Krautrock legends Grobschnitt but also as studio man for his remastering of classics of the Sixties and Seventies.
The album includes the CD only track “Rip Off” and comes in a slipcase including a sticker and a poster.
- 01. Why Don’t You Kill Me? / 4:29
- 02. Soldiers Of War / 7:05
- 03. Paper Chaser / 6:09
- 04. Running Blind / 4:27
- 05. Fool’s Gold / 5:28
- 06. Stormchild / 5:12
- 07. (The Age Of) Machine / 5:28
- 08. Hounds Of Hell / 4:04
- 09. Somewhere Up In The Mountains / 5:24
- 10. Midnight Chaser / 6:04
- 11. Black Ice / 3:48
- 12. Panzer Division Destroyed / 6:18
- 13. Rip Off (CD only Bonus Track) / 3:42
- 14. Name, Rank & Serial Number / 3:27
Original by LEGEND 1982
Original by SATAN’S EMPIRE 1981
Original by TAURUS 1980
Original by BASHFUL ALLEY 1980
Original by VIRTUE 1987
Original by TRESPASS 1980
Original by MYTHRA 1981
Original by SPLIT BEAVER 1981
Original by MARQUIS DE SADE 1981
Original by WHITE SPIRIT 1980
Original by ARAGORN 1981
Original by BUDGIE 1980
Original by SMOKIN’ ROADIE 1983
Original by FIST 1980
Total playing time 70:56
Soundcloud playlist – Free single download:
Video Album Trailer
- Third album of the successful NWOBHM Tribute band.
- Band exist of members/ex-members of a.o. Manilla Road, Masters of Disguise, Jameson Raid, Savage Grace, Viron
- Excellent live band! Played the Rock Hard, Bang Your Head & Keep It True Festivals + shows with a.o. Saxon, Demon, Blitzkrieg, Praying Mantis, Tygers Of Pan Tang…
- Liner Notes by John Tucker, Rodney Matthews and the original bands
- Cover Artwork by Rodney Matthews
- Mastered by Eroc
DRAGONY – Shadowplay
“Shadowplay” shows a band that refuses to bow down to any kind of conventions, that has its musical goals firmly in focus, and that impresses the listener through their imaginative and technically pure work. They are versatile in playing with the popular clichees of the genre and still come across innovative. Overall “Shadowplay” sounds homogeneous and refreshingly heavy – so there is plenty of reason to promote this album on tour. Therefore, the band will be on the billing of Gamma Ray’s Anniversary Tour! Feat. Zak Stevens (Savatage, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Circle II Circle) on guestvocals.
- 01. Wolves Of The North / 6:22
- 02. Shadowrunners / 4:18
- 03. Kiln Of The First Flame / 5:32
- 04. The Maiden’s Cliff / 2:54
- 05. Warlock / 5:12
- 06. Babylon / 5:26
- 07. Dr. Agony / 4:29
- 08. At Daggers Drawn / 3:52
- 09. Unicorn Union / 4:10
- 10. The Silent Sun (feat. Zak Stevens) / 10:05
- 11. True Survivor (Bonus Track) / 3:47
Total playing time 56:21
Soundcloud playlist – Free single download:
Video Album Trailer
True Survivor – video
Wolves Of The North – lyrics video
- Second album of the Austrian Symphonic Power Metal band (debut album: 6 from 7 points in Metal Hammer magazine).
- Significant production and guests, including Zak Stevens (Savatage, Trans Siberian Orchestra and Circle II Circle).
- Brilliant cover version/interpretation of the David Hasselhoff hit “True Survivor”!
- Excellent reputation as live band, having being on the same billing as Primal Fear, Axxis, Blind Guardian, Edenbridge, Paul Di’Anno, Sonata Arctica…
- On tour with Gamma Ray in October/November 2015.