ANCIENT BARDS – Soulless Child
to be released in November 2011
The successor of ANCIENT BARD’s highly acclaimed album “The Alliance Of The Kings” is set to be released on November 18th., 2011. The album will future the second part of the “Black Crystal Sword Saga”. Like “The Alliance Of The Kings”, the new album “Soulless Child” will make those very happy who love epic-melodic, classic arrangements, and appreciate a sound hovering between Nightwish, Rhapsody, Epica, and Delain.
BLACK MAJESTY TO WORK WITH ROLAND GRAPOW FOR NEW ALBUM & UPCOMING BLIND GUARDIAN TOUR DATES
Australian melodic power metal band Black Majesty will begin recording their fifth album with Roland Grapow (Masterplan) at Grapow Studios in Slovakia in October 2011. The new album is scheduled to be released in June 2012. Some of the song titles set to appear on the new album include The Fallen, Edge Of The World, The Killing Hand, Lykan and Journey To The Soul.
Other news sees Black Majesty set to support Germany’s Blind Guardian on their upcoming Australian tour. Live dates include:
30th Sept. 2011 – The Factory Theatre (all ages) – Sydney, Australia
2nd Oct. 2011 – Bilboard (over 18’s), Melbourne, Australia
3rd Oct. 2011 – Bilboard (over 18’s), Melbourne, Australia
FLASHBACK OF ANGER sad loss…
We just received the sad message that Francesco Masini, bass player of FLASHBACK OF ANGER, lost his battle with cancer on June 18th. Our condolences go out to the family and friends of a man gone way too early.
ROXXCALIBUR to play KIT Festival in 2012
After the huge success of the NWOBHM-Anniversary Show at KEEP IT TRUE Festival 2009, where numerous original singers of the NWOBHM have shared the stage with ROXXCALIBUR (e.g. Enid Williams (Girlschool), Brian Ross (Satan/Blitzkrieg), Dave Hill (Demon) and many more), there will be another NWOBHM Anniversary Show at KEEP IT TRUE Festival 2012.
The NWOBHM-Anniversary Show at KIT 2009 brought not only a second spring to the NWOBHM and its bands, but it also established the then-newcomers ROXXCALIBUR with their debut album “NWOBHM For Muthas” on the metal scene. For their dedication to the NWOBHM and its original bands, ROXXCALIBUR are highly respected ever since. … read all
ROXXCALIBUR: Release date set for new album “Lords Of The NWOBHM”
The long-awaited, second album from Roxxcalibur, “Lords Of The NWOBHM” is already causing something of a stir. Even only months after the release of their debut album, “NWOBHM For Muthas” (April 2009) the fans were demanding another dose in the form of a CD. But the “Keepers of the Grail of NWOBHM” weren’t prepared to rush things. “To pick the right songs which also suit us as musicians, from a pool of first-class NWOBHM pearls, needs just as much time as it does to write our own songs”, explains singer Alexx Stahl. The band had planned to demonstrate an even wider view and more extreme selection of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal on “Lords Of The NWOBHM” than they did on their debut. “The finished CD shouldn’t just sound like the output of a coverband but should be as though it had come from one balanced mould.”.
BLACK MAJESTY to support Blind Guardian
Black Majesty will support Germany’s Blind Guardian on both of their upcoming Australian tour dates. Australia’s Eyefear will also be on the bill making both shows a huge bill of Power Metal.
Friday 30th September 2011 – The Factory Theatre (All Ages), Sydney, Australia
Sunday 2nd October 2011 – Bilboard, Melbourne, Australia
ROXXCALIBUR – Lords Of The NWOBHM
Roxxcalibur are bringing songs from such cult names as MORE, SATAN, CRYER, QUARTZ, OXYM, SPARTA, SARACEN, TOKYO BLADE, BLOOD MONEY, HOLLOW GROUND, WITCHFYNDE, but also VENOM, SAXON and TYGERS OF PAN TANG back to the daily listening habits of the new millennium. Co-produced by Chris Tsangarides (Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Yngwie Malmsteen, Thin Lizzy etc.).
- 01. London Bridge Is Falling Down – (Intro) / 0:14
- 02. Atomic Rock – Original by MORE 1981 / 3:49
- 03. Heads Will Roll – Original by SATAN 1982 / 3:21
- 04. Flying High – Original by HOLLOW GROUND 1981 / 3:00
- 05. Day To Day – Original by CRYER 1980 / 3:16
- 06. If Heaven Is Hell – Original by TOKYO BLADE 1983 / 6:01
- 07. Lift Up Your Eyes – Original by SAXON (unfinished) / 5:22
- 08. Satan’s Serenade – Original by QUARTZ 1980 / 4:42
- 09. Hellbound – Original by TYGERS OF PAN TANG 1981 / 3:37
- 10. Music Power – Original by OXYM 1980 / 5:45
- 11. Angel Of Death – Original by SPARTA 1981 / 5:44
- 12. A Face In The Crowd – Original by SARACEN 1981 / 3:59
- 13. Battlescarred – Original by BLOOD MONEY 1987 / 5:17
- 14. Stage Fright – Original by WITCHFYNDE 1980 / 5:16
- 15. At War With Satan (Preview) – Original by VENOM 1982/ 2:13
Total Playing Time 60:40
- Co-produced by Chris Tsangarides (Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Yngwie Malmsteen, Thin Lizzy etc.)
- 15 Tracks incl. the unreleased and never completed Saxon Song “Lift Up Your Eyes”
- Liner notes by John Tucker (author of Suzie Smiled and Biff Byford’s Biographie) and others
- Cover artwork by Rodney Matthews (Praying Mantis, Magnum, Tygers Of Pan Tang etc.)
- First edition in slipcase with bonus DVD, poster and sticker
- Members of Savage Grace, Griffin, Thunder Rider, Abandoned
BLACK MAJESTY featured on Guitar gods and Masterpieces TV show
Black Majesty guitarist’s Hanny and Stevie were recently featured on Australia’s Guitar Gods & Masterpieces TV Show show. Checkout the following links for solo exerpts from the song Far Beyond and Dragon Reborn here and here.