MASTERS OF DISGUISE – Alpha / Omega
They are one of the hottest assets the German Speed Metal scene has to offer: MASTERS OF DISGUISE. „Alpha / Omega“ is bound to conquer the Metal world. Eleven songs including a mighty cover version of Exciter’s „Blackwitch“ have been recorded to drive any Speed Metal maniac crazy. The speed smashers seem to have come from a time machine, still, the overall impression is enjoyably fresh and crisp and enthusiastic. MASTERS OF DISGUISE have come up with the third long player in a row that can be called a genuine classic.
- 01. The Rise (And Fall) Of Kingdoms / 2:13
- 02. Sacrifice / 5:13
- 03. Demons From The Past / 3:44
- 04. Shadows Of Death / 5:58
- 05. Killer’s Redemption / 3:59
- 06. Sign Of The Cross / 4:00
- 07. Alpha / Omega / 5:25
- 08. Witchhammer / 5:10
- 09. Knutson III: Nemesis (I Am The Law) / 6:03
- 10. The Leech / 5:10
- 11. Blackwitch [CD only Bonus Track] / 7:14
Total playing time 54:18
Video Album Trailer
- Impressive successor to the band’s great 2015 album
- The third album also offers uncurbed Speed Metal with characteristic ’80s features
- The CD includes superior cover version of the Exciter classic ‚Blackwitch‘
- Follows the foot steps of US Metal icon Savage Grace
- Legendary Speed/Power Metal mix with class and cult appeal
- Masters of Disguise consists of seasoned musicians from bands such as Roxxcalibur and Abandoned as well as ex-Viron, ex-Savage Grace and ex-Jameson Raid
FIREFORCE – Annihilate The Evil
„The FIREFORCE stage is a real battlefield“, the Belgians state with pride, presenting the world with their new album ‚Annihilate The Evil‘, which, like its predecessor, was also recorded under the guidance of Christian Schmid and R.D. Liapakis (Mystic Prophecy). FIREFORCE is without doubt Belgium’s biggest and internationally most active power metal band and also fans fans on the heavy metal underground scene. The album is a superb metal statement featuring an artwork by Uwe Jarling, which rounds off a strong third album.
Total playing time 50:49
Video Album Trailer
„The Boys From Down Under“ video
- Generously produced third power metal album appealing to true as well as old school metal fans.
- Produced by Mystic Prophecy vocalist R.D.Liapakis (Jack Starr, Suicidal Angels, Steel Prophet, Crystal Tears, etc…).
- Tremendous live reputation from the Prog Power Metal Festival and others. Liveshows with Jaguar, Avantasia, Hell, Tygers of Pan Tang, Crimson Glory, etc…
- Belgium’s greatest heavy metal export.
- Musically influenced by bands such as Tygers of Pan Tang, Mystic Prophecy, old Helloween, Running Wild, etc…
- Jonas Sanders of PRO PAIN on drums.
LIONSOUL – Welcome Storm
Fans of European classical power metal will find ten great metal songs on „Welcome Storm“, all of which glowing with impressive power chords and impressive vocals. Now and again certain American influences creep through. LionSoul are definitely a positive exception on the Italian scene – they stay away from the typical scheme of things which take the form of very high vocals, fast riffing and classical-bombastic, exaggerated keyboard parts. „Welcome Storm“ is power metal as it should be: heavy, lively, raw and still melodic.
Total playing time 46:11
Video Album Trailer
„Next Genesis“ video
- Second album by the power metal band.
- Style in the tradition of European power metal bands with high levels of melodics.
- Live shows with Gamma Ray, Iron Savior, Kissin‘ Dynamite etc.
- First class, clear, ass-kicking production setting a perfect base for the twin guitars.
- Produced, engineered, mixed & mastered by Alessandro Del Vecchio (Edge Of Forever, Hardline, Graham Bonnet Band, Lionville, Sunstorm).
FOGALORD – Masters Of War
FOGALORDS’s 2012 debut, „A Legend To Believe In“ was a surprising album of the symphonic-/epic metal genre, which was welcomed with overall positive reviews. Now, five years later, its successor entitled „Masters Of War“, is a work with a theme concerning itself with the story of the debut work, a concept album.
„Masters Of War“ bursts with classical-epic songwriting, heartfelt choirs, passages influenced by folklore, bagpipes and galopping rhythms, as well as insertions of influences of genres from melodic black metal to heartspeeding power metal bass attacks. Fans of bombastic sounds, supported by galloping riffs and a true fist-in-the-air attitude, will love this album.
Total playing time 54:18
Video Album Trailer
„Daughter Of The Morning Light“ video
- FOGALORD convinced the metal scene with an excellent debut, which was recorded with known guest musicians from e.g. RHAPSODY, ANCIENT BARDS, LABYRINTH etc.
- Mature musical concept album which will attract fans of RHAPSODY OF FIRE, MANOWAR, TURISAS, BLIND GUARDIAN, ENSIFERUM and even TYR.
- „Masters Of War“ has a cutting edge musical concept with tracks ranging from the fast to the folk-like
DRAGONY – Lords Of The Hunt
In 2017, after two successful albums, the band is celebrating its 10th anniversary as well as the fifth birthday of their debut work „Legends“. These two events are the motor for Dragony to present their fans with a new MCD – a work which is well worth listening to. On the MCD, entitled „Lords Of The Hunt“ there are the great, the rare and some lost and found titles. Apart from two brand new songs, „Lords Of The Hunt“ and „Call Of The Wild“ you can find newly recorded versions of the debut work’s most popular songs, songs which were previously available only as bonus tracks, as well as demo rarities and it also includes the band’s two video clips of „Burning Skies“ and the David Hasselhoff cover version of „True Survivor“.
Total playing time 41:15
Video Album Trailer
„Call Of The Wild“ Lyric Video
- Third release of the Austrian Symphonic Power Metal band (debut album: 6 from 7 points in Metal Hammer magazine).
- Brilliant cover version/interpretation of the David Hasselhoff hit „True Survivor”!
- Excellent reputation as live band, having toured with e.g. Gamma Ray, support shows with Powerwolf, Primal Fear, Axxis, Blind Guardian, Edenbridge, Paul Di’Anno, Sonata Arctica; festival appearances with e.g. Twisted Sister (Nova Rock).
- EP with two new songs, new recordings and rare bonus tracks.
- Cover artwork by Dušan Marković (Seven Kingdoms, A Sound Of Thunder, etc…).
MINOTAURUS – Insolubilis
MINOTAURUS have been active since 1994, delivering a unique mixture of Folk, Metal and an unmistakeable dash of originality. Until today, they could look back on eight releases, each of them displaying clear development factors from one to the next, something that has always been recognised by their growing fan base. The development goes a step further with „Insolubilis“, their new album in a new, extended line-up. MINOTAURUS work under the motto „create new and keep the tried and tested“, which, considering the band’s long history, shows wisdom and farsightedness. It is exactly in the realm of Folk Metal, one in which fans orientate themselves explicitly to bands, credibility in an important asset. In the band’s own discography the album, „Insolubilis“ is an absolute reference point and is certain to carry the band yet further forwards with giant steps. Like the half man, half bull, mythological creature which gave the band its name, MINOTAURUS is pawing the ground, about to charge.
Their fifth long-player, „Insolubilis“ took the band once again to the Empire Studios in Bensheim, with Rolf Munkes. Eleven new songs packed into a varied package, offer an impressive mixture of melodies and subjects. With lots of phantasy and humour the tracks transport the listener along an exciting journey to historical and mythological places, visiting sailors and mermaids, witches and ghosts, heroes, kings, princesses and priests, yes, even the legendary minotaur itself, through graveyards, pirate ships, forests, campfires, army camps, ruins and valleys.
Overall the album is harder and the song-writing is clearly more mature. Besides guitar duels so typical of the band, one hears Celtic harps, tin whistle, Tinwhistle, wooden flutes and even a curtal, the forerunner of the bassoon. The Folk influence has been honed and rounds off the overall impression beautifully. Multivocal song lines as well as several very catchy tracks also belong to the order of the day. With their fifth long player, MINOTAURUS has proved that there is still a lot of potential within them. „Insolubilis“ confirms this with no doubt whatsoever.
Total playing time 49:59
- Mature, dynamic, heavy: that is the 2016 MINOTAURUS sound!
- Produced by Rolf Munkes (Empire, Crematory, ex-Majesty, Tour guitarist for Tony Martin etc…) in the Empire Studios.
- Ancient Epic Metal.
- High quality back catalogue with excellent reviews.
SKYLINER – Condition Black
Jacksonville in Florida’s north-east shouldn’t be condemned just because Limp Bizkit hails from there. Jacksonville has more to offer. SKYLINER, for example, who appeared on the metal scene two years ago with their excellent album, „Outsiders“ and who immediately made their mark on the genre with their musical brew of Power and Prog Metal elements. The Americans sounded distinctly European, something that did not only make friends in their hometown. But they bit the bullet and carried on, working through local clubs and began writing songs for their follow-up album. „Condition Black“ built up on „Outsiders“ dipping a toe into new musical spheres and showed a band trying to find its new self without turning its back on its influences. Not an easy task but in the end the lads are to be congratulated on the success of the experiment.
In a musical sense they became more experimental, the songs are different to those on the predecessor, the sound reaches further into the past. „Condition Black“ is certainly an album which is not meant to be just music in the background.
The progged influences cannot be overlooked and they have moved somewhat away from the traditional Power Metal elements which stamped the predecessor album. The vocals became rawer and one could almost say that „Condition Black“ shows a band built on an entirely new musical base, turning down the sound to its most important elements. What may sound at first as unstructured and inconsistent soon shows its very own appeal.
„As Above, So Below (Those Who From Heaven To Earth Came)“ is a fast, straight number definitely in the style of Rage. In contrast to that is „The Morbid Architect“, a track whose growls and blast beats is almost frightening, but which is surprisingly good thanks to the combination with thrashy-fast metal passages. The progged, fast „Too Many Voices“ is one of the highlights of the album, as is „Your Hand In Mine“. The listener should not prejudge the album before listening it through, letting him- or herself be carried along, putting memories and opinions of the band to one side and giving the new a chance. SKYLINER certainly don’t make it easy with this new album, but isn’t it the unusual sound and style of a band which give new perspectives? „Condition Black“ is exactly one of those rare albums.
Total playing time 60:52
- Second album of the US trio which has now torn down musical barriers and set new accents on its sound.
- The long-awaited follow-up to their superb debut album.
- For musically open-minded fans who appreciate and prefer albums with great variety.
SYMPHONITY – King Of Persia
The Czech Republic has until now never been a shining light on the international Heavy Metal scene. Now and again a band would appear but then disappear again shortly afterwards. That, however, does not apply to SYMPHONITY, a union of talented Czech, Slovakian and German musicians who have just recorded their third album, „King Of Persia“. The band can be classified in the classical-symphonic genre, plays at a very high international standard and easily keeps pace with established bands such as Stratovarius, Rhapsody, Dionysus, Thunderstone and Sonata Arctica. Up-tempo hymns with high classical melodies, complex guitar parts played with virtuosity, unmistakeable vocals and memorable melodies are the characteristics of this, the band’s third album. Their previous work, „Voice from the Silence“ had already impressed both the press and fans and came highly recommended listening. 2016 is sure to be a successful year for SYMPHONITY.
„King Of Persia“ contains all the ingredients that fans of Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Rhapsody and Thunderstone expect from a high quality album: a build-up of broad choruses, voluminous melodies, galloping guitar attacks as well as neo-progged 6-string inserts. Add to that the vocals, which will send shivers down the spine of voice freaks. „In The Name Of God“ with its classical guitar tracks will get the headbangers active and the melodies are irresistable and simply force you to sing along with them. The seven minute long „Children Of The Light“ changes pace, mood and progressive claims – it’s a fast paced firework display of inspiration and complexity. The title track, around nine minutes long, is the core of the album and shows off the band’s clear talents for writing exciting songs and to put them to music in an equally impressive manner. Whilst „Siren Call“ curls through your ears in a ballad-like way, „Live To Tell The Tale“ is almost a rock number. „The Choice“ will certainly thrill Avantasia fans. You can see, or rather you can hear that SYMPHONITY have managed to expand their musical field without having reduced the level of their basic influences. „King Of Persia“ is a „Must Have“ album for fans of Melodic Heavy Metal in 2016.
Total playing time 53:28
- For Fans of SONATA ARCTICA, STRATOVARIUS, DIONYSUS, RHAPSODY, THUNDERSTONE.
- With Olaf Hayer (AINA, LUCA TURILLI, CHRYZTYNE, DIONYSUS, TREASURE SEEKER etc.) the band has one of the most expressive German Heavy Metal vocalists.
- Introducing the voice of Herbie Langhans – the new star of the latest AVANTASIA album and world tour.
- Cover artwork by Andreas Marschall (BLIND GUARDIAN, KREATOR, RUNNING WILD, HAMMERFALL, etc.).
- The band has already opened for NIGHTWISH.
- Album mixed by Sascha Paeth and mastered by Miro, Wolfsburg, Germany.